Thinktank is one of Australia’s largest and fastest growing Residential and Commercial Property Non-Bank Lender with a multi-office presence across Australia. Supported by major local and international institutions, the company is well established in the property finance market and ongoing growth has now led to a need for an experienced Hardships and Collections officer to join the team.
The Senior Hardship and Collections Officer is responsible for supporting Head of Credit-Collections in the day to day the management of arrears files from the dishonour through to late-stage arrears. Where required, this position may also be involved in the assessment, recommendation, approval and management of hardship matters.
- Daily dishonour management
- Support the Head of Credit – Collections in the management of the loan book, in particular the pro-active management of arrears
- Provide support and guidance to the Hardship and Collections officer
- Assist with mid and, where required, late-stage pre-enforcement proceedings through to resolution
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive daily arrears reports
- Liaise with and assess borrower hardship application and make recommendation to the Head of Credit-Collecitons
- Deal with borrowers in an empathetic manner during times of financial stress
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience within residential and/or commercial lending specific to collections and arrears management
- Understanding of Privacy Act and National Consumer Credit Code
- Previous experience with AML/CTF programs
- Experience with loan hardships
- Experience with NCCP coded loans
- Exceptional relationship skills with proven ability to provide a high level of service to internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
We are a little bit different at Thinktank. No bureaucratic processes, politics or egos. Fairness and transparency are our most important values, it’s how we do business and how we look after our team. You will be valued and trusted. You will work with welcoming and knowledgeable colleagues who will help you succeed.
We work a hybrid model of working from home and the office which encourages and supports great work life balance. We offer meaningful employee benefits such as Flex leave in addition to annual leave and more.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation, please apply now for an immediate review of your resume or contact Heena Geronimo, People & Culture Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org