Thinktank is one of Australia’s largest and fastest growing residential and commercial property non-bank lenders with a multi-office presence across Australia. With a reputation for providing highly diligent and first class service, Thinktank focuses on building trust and providing specialised commercial property and residential finance through our broker network.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a leading Non-bank lender and be part of our journey of success and growth. Work with the best!
- A Leadership role where you can make a difference
- Utilise your Residential credit lending experience and take the opportunity to create and evolve this role
- Join an organisation where you feel trusted and valued
The Head of Credit Residential (HOCR) leads a team of credit professionals and supports the Head of Credit Operations and General Manager to maintain Thinktank’s credit standards and service quality by ensuring all credit decisions are soundly based and reflect the company’s current underwriting standards, policies and risk appetite. The HOCR will also work closely with key internal and external stakeholders (i.e. white label partners and relationship managers) and promote and manage service driven outcomes.
- Establish team excellence within the residential credit team.
- Ensure that Employee Experience is fully optimised in all respects
- Support and lead direct reports in an optimal manner and ensure ongoing development of individuals and teams.
- Oversee the good health & wellbeing of all team members and leaders.
- Guide the training and development of the respective Credit Underwriters and other business stakeholders using key metrics
- Manage the team’s ability to handle increasing scale and the pressure of large number of credit transactions and queries from internal and external relationships.
- Maintain high data quality standards ensuring all loan details are updated and maintained in a timely manner
- Lead the discussion in relation to process improvement and drive best of breed system digitalisation with the HOCO
- Adhere to regulatory compliance requirements
- Seasoned experience in financial services with strong knowledge in mortgage Credit assessment to the SME and non-conforming market.
- Minimum 10 years residential credit experience.
- Minimum 10 years in a leadership capacity (Senior manager experience).
- Direct experience in digitalised mortgage processing.
- Extensive knowledge of mortgage underwriting systems.
- Experience in transformational change.
- Management of a large complex team looking after loans originated by third party channel (direct to credit model).
- Prior Delegated Lending Authority experience above $2M in residential loans.
- Highly developed relationship skills. This will be demonstrated by an ability to provide a high level of service to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Natural ability to lead and develop high performing teams.
- Strong analytical skills and high degree of numeracy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills
We are a little bit different at Thinktank. No bureaucratic processes, politics or egos. Fairness and transparency are our most important values, it’s how we do business and how we look after our team. You will be valued and trusted. You will work with welcoming and knowledgeable colleagues who will help you succeed.
We work a hybrid model of working from home and the office which encourages and supports great work life balance. We offer meaningful employee benefits such as Flex leave in addition to annual leave and more.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation, please apply now for an immediate review of your resume or contact Heena Geronimo, People & Culture Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org